Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty appetizer that I got off a Halloween recipe site. Don't know why it was classed as Halloween other than it was served in a "Brain" mold. Works for any occasion for me - delicioso!! Can be halved for smaller events or fewer people.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin, softened in 1/2 cup of water
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 3 lbs cooked shrimp or 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked crabmeat, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce
- Heat soup, undiluted and mix in the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in softened gelatin and blend well. Fold in remaining ingredients and pour into a lightly-oiled mold. Chill until firm and serve with your favorite crackers or hard bread.