Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
These simple shrimp toast make a great presentation. Green mayonnaise is easy to make and your favorite herbs can be substituted as desired. Mâche is the ideal garnish: it is usually sold with the fresh herbs in the produce section.
- 12 slices baguette, 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (26/30 count)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 24 slices radishes (sliced very thin)
- 24 leaves mache
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toast baguette slices for 5-7 minutes, or until edges are a nice golden brown. Set Aside.
- Heat butter in a large sauté pan until bubbly. Add garlic and shrimp and sauté two minutes on each side. Place in bowl and set aside.
- Add white wine to the pan and simmer until it has reduced. Add parley and then pour over shrimp.
- Combine all ingredients for green mayonnaise in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the mayonnaise on each toast.
- Top each slice with 2 whole cooked shrimp and 2 radish slices.
- Garnish with mâche leaves.