Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
From the LCBO's Early Summer 2005 Food and Drink Magazine (by Lucy Waverman) Serve on a bed of lettuce with sticky rice on the side. NOTE: Preparation time does not include the 1 hour marinating time.
Top Review by aliono
Sooooo good! I don't know why it called just "shrimp on the barbie" though...
It should be called "thai style coconut/green curry prawns"!
Everyone loved it at the party I made them for! ...looked really fancy on the lemongrass skewers too!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste (Thai)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on
- 4 stalks lemongrass
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- reserved marinade
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut milk, curry paste and garlic in a saucepan and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until coconut milk has thickened slightly.
- Stir in lime juice and fish sauce, cool then toss with shrimp and marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread shrimps onto lemon grass stalks, spearing shrimps in 2 places so that they don't turn on the skewers. Season with salt and pepper. (Reserve marinade.).
- Preheat grill to high.
- Brush shrimp with extra oil and grill about 2 minutes per side or until shrimps are cooked.
- While shrimp is cooking, place reserved marinade in a small pot over high heat, bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes or until quite thick (like mayonnaise).
- Remove from heat, stir in extra lime juice and sugar.
- Drizzle over grilled shrimp and sprinkle with mint.