Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My guests are always pleasantly surprised at the remarkably delicious combination of flavors - simple, but impressive. The quantities listed are for 2, but doubling is easy.
- Rinse the shrimp in cold water, pat dry, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Trim snow peas and remove the strings if necessary. Wash the peas, then toss them into the boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge them into ice water, then drain again well.
- Peel the avocado, cut it in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Cut one avocado half into very small dice and immediately drizzle it with 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Season the diced avocado with salt and pepper and place in the refrigerator. Cut the other avocado half into large pieces and place in a blender or food processor with the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Rinse and shake dry the cilantro, remove the stems and puree half the leaves with the avocado in the blender/food processor. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper to make a dressing. Chop the remaining cilantro leaves coarsely and mix them into the dressing.
- Add the snow peas and avocado cubes to the bowl, toss them with the dressing and distribute on 2 plates. Arrange the shrimp on top and garnish each plate with a dollop of avocado puree.