Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe. I have been dying to try it. *prep does not include marinade time
- 1 (10 ounce) can pineapple chunks in syrup
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped (green part only)
- 1⁄2 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, leave tails on
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving syrup. Combine soy sauce, sugar, oil, garlic, ginger, pepper, sesame seeds, onions and reserved pineapple syrup in a gallon-size zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- Seal bag tightly and shake to blend thoroughly. Transfer 1 cup of the marinade to a bowl.
- Add shrimp to bag.
- Seal tightly and shake to coat thoroughly.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, but no longer than 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Thread wooden skewers, alternating shrimp and pineapple.
- Place on the grill rack 4 to 5 inches from heat source.
- Grill until shrimp is opaque in the center, about 3 minutes on each side, basting with the reserved marinade.
Tried this for supper and did it in the frying pan on screwers. Very nice and I served it with rice and a pineaple/ avocado salad. Thanks for posting
This turned out really good! It was a light and quick meal to put together. I love the marinade! I didn't have any sesame seeds, so I used sesame oil in place of the vegetable oil. Then I used some of the reserved marinade as a salad dressing. Awesome recipe!!! Thanks DanzBaby. :*)
This is delicious!!!! I thought I had pineapple chunks, but when I went to make it, found that it was crushed pineapple, so I subbed pineapple juice, and didn't have the pineapple to add to the skewers. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. I think this would also be a great marinade for chicken kebobs, which I plan to try soon!! Thanks for the great recipes for PAC.