1/4 Photos of Shrimp on a Stick
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe. I have been dying to try it. *prep does not include marinade time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can pineapple chunks in syrup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped (green part only)
- 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, leave tails on
- 1Drain pineapple chunks, reserving syrup. Combine soy sauce, sugar, oil, garlic, ginger, pepper, sesame seeds, onions and reserved pineapple syrup in a gallon-size zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- 2Seal bag tightly and shake to blend thoroughly. Transfer 1 cup of the marinade to a bowl.
- 3Add shrimp to bag.
- 4Seal tightly and shake to coat thoroughly.
- 5Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, but no longer than 4 hours.
- 6Preheat grill to high.
- 7Thread wooden skewers, alternating shrimp and pineapple.
- 8Place on the grill rack 4 to 5 inches from heat source.
- 9Grill until shrimp is opaque in the center, about 3 minutes on each side, basting with the reserved marinade.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp on a Stick
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.2
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.5 mg
- Sodium 2336.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 12.9 g