Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Cuban recipe from Tampa
- 4 eggs
- 18 medium size shrimp, peeled, deveined, and sliced in half legthwise
- 1 medium size Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in 8 inch skillet. Fry garlic until golden and discard. Add onion and saute until transparent. Add shrimp and saute until they turn pink.
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper in a large bowl until frothy. Add shrimp mixture and stir well. Return to pan, adding more oil if necessary. Cook over medium heat until eggs are set.
- Invert plate over the pan, flip omelette onto plate, return to the pan to brown on other side. Repeat process one more time. Serve hot.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes and shredded cheese.
Just tried this for my Mom and I, and we both loved it! I added a small finely chopped roma tomato to the mixture, and topped the omelets off with grated Gruyere cheese. So yummy! Will definitely make again...
Marvelous. I subbed green onions for the Spanish and loved every bite.