Recipe by Catnip46
A delicious omelet filled with baby shrimp simmered in a white wine. Good to serve everyday, for company or for that special occasion.
- 5 ounces of frozen baby shrimp, thawed
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 sprig parsley
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the shrimp, wine, bay leaf and parsley in a small saucepan and simmer, uncovered, over medium heat until all the excess liquid has been evaporated.
- Discard the bay leaf and parsley and stir in the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in an 8 inch pan or an omelet pan until foaming.
- Add the eggs and cook over high heat until just beginning to set.
- Gently lift the edge and tilt the pan to let the unset egg run underneath. Spread the filling over half the omelet. Fold over the other half.
- Slide onto a plate and serve. Garnish with more shrimp if desired.