Recipe by GinnyP
My friend got this out of Ladies' Home Journal many years ago. You can substitute scallops, or use a combination of seafood, if you like.
For Norfolk Butter
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry breadcrumbs (use gf if necessary)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
For the Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb fresh peeled shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- lemon slice (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Norfolk Butter: Combine ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Makes enough for 1 lb of shrimp or 2 to 3 servings.
- Shrimp: Melt the 1 T butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry until just pink; transfer to serving plate and keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet and reduce to 1 T (3 to 4 minutes); remove from heat and gradually whisk in Norfolk Butter until just incorporated and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Pour over shrimp, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve over linguine or rice.