Recipe by ~Nimz~
Adapted from Cooking Light with some minor changes for our taste. This can be served over rice or pasta
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
well how could this be anuything but great, I used full-fat milk and also added in some fresh minced garlic that I sauteed for a few minutes before adding in the shrimp, also I used butter in place of olive oil, I served this on baked puff pastry shells, my family raved, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
- 340.19 g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 9.85 ml olive oil, divided
- 473.18 ml sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 177.44 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slice whole wheat bread, toasted
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp.
- Saute 3 minutes and remove from skillet.
- Keep warm.
- Add 1 tsp oil to skillet.
- Add bella mushrooms and saute 5 minutes.
- Combine milk, flour, sherry, and egg yolk, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add to the mushrooms.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thick (about 3 minutes), stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Return shrimp to skillet and stir in salt and peppers.
- Cut each toast slice in half diagonally.
- Arrange 4 toast triangles on each of 2 plates.
- Top with 1 1/2 cups shrimp mixture, and sprinkle with chives.