Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is easy to make, it will impress your company or family and it's delicious!
Make and share this Shrimp Newburg recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, already cooked
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 -4 slices French bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 -3 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheaet oven to 350.
- In a medium saucepan melt 1/3 cup butter.
- Stir in flour.
- Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in shrimp, sherry or chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Coat a 2 qt baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour shrimp mixture into dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minute or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, stir together bread cubes and 1-3 TB melted butter. Sprinkle over shrimp mixture. Bake 3-5 minute more or until topping is toasted.