Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from American Beauty.
- 7 1⁄2 cups wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add onion and cook 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until barely pink.
- Stir in soup, milk, cream cheese, sherry, thyme and peas.
- Simmer until cream cheese melts, stirring frequently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Toss hot noodle and sauce; serve and enjoy.
I originally found this recipe & cut it out of a magazine suppliment. A slight meltdown in the kitchen ended in the recipe missing & me frantic. Easy to make & a major hit with my husband. It's addicting!
I doubled the sauce. My family really liked this. Didn't have sherry so used White Zin. Had a family member who can't eat shrimp so in seperate small skillet fixed chicken breastand added sauce w/peas. Then put (already) cooked shrimp in sauce. Did not add noodles to sauce so everyone could put noodles on plate then shrimp or chicken Newqburg. Personally, next time will use a little less thyme. Over all, the family really liked this and asked to have again. Thanks Mrose.