Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Absolutely no BBQ sauce in this recipe...it is so easy, and so delcious.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 lb margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Lawrys seasoned garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 ounces louisiana hot sauce
- 2 small lemons
- 5 lbs large shrimp (12-14 count)
- chopped fresh parsley (for Garnish)
- Shrimp should preferably be Head on Shrimp, but headless with shells are ok.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil, add shrimp (shells on!). Stir frequently. Cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked, but not overcooked.
- Portion approximately 10 shrimp in a bowl. Make sure you include the sauce for dipping.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve with french bread (toasting is optional!).