Recipe by Sarah Harcrow
Creamy rice studded with shrimp, imbued with sherry, and sprinkled with almonds. I found this is a Better Homes and Garden casserole book.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces cooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of shrimp soup
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan cook onion and sweet pepper in hot butter over medium heat about 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in shrimp, cooked rice, soup, half and half, sherry, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 2 quart square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350°F oven about 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds.