Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a recipe I found in the paper - the salad looks very elegant, but can be put together in less than 20 minutes.
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 12 ounces cooked and cooled pasta
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 3⁄4 lb shelled cooked shrimp
- 3 nectarines, sliced
- lettuce leaf
- Combine oil, lime juice, mint, cilantro, jalapeno, and sugar and shake well to blend.
- Combine 1/2 of the oil mixture with the pasta and onion, and toss well.
- Line a serving platter with lettuce leaves, and place the pasta on the platter.
- Top with shrimp, nectarine, and cucumber and drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad.
- Top with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.