Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
An appetizer for a small crowd (6-8) from "Simply Shrimp" by Rick Rogers. Very easy to prepare. Under the recipe title it says: Quesadillas are certainly Mexican, but they lend themselves to the flavors of other nations, like this Italian "fromaggio-dilla."
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined, medium size
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped, can use 1 tsp. dried oregano as a substitute
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, place 1 tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 each of the mozzarella, shrimp, tomatoes, and basil or oregano.
- Cook until the cheese begins to melt and the underside of the tortilla is marked with browned spots, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Place another tortilla on top and press lightly.
- Turn the quesadilla and continue cooking until the cheese is melted and the second side has the browned spots, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges (I like to use a pizza cutter) and serve warm.