A traditional Hue dish, often present in big banquet such as weddings, holiday. Many said it was exclusively an imperial dish in the 18-19 century. Cook time doesn't count marinate time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinate shrimp in fish sauce for at least 20 minutes. Wash shrimp, then pound into paste with salt, sugar and pepper (or grind in food processor).
- 2Form shrimp paste around sugar cane pieces, squeeze with oil until paste is tightly attached.
- 3Grill over medium charcoal heat until crisp and slightly browned.
- 4Garnish with cilantro, serve with chili and sweet and sour sauce.
Browse Our Top Vietnamese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Mousse on Sugar Cane (vietnamese Chao Tom)
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 113.0 mg
- Sodium 983.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: