Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by valery_madden
Awsome! Made it for company pot luck Christmas lunch. Rave reviews. Changed maho and cream cheese only to the lighter variety. Pinch of Frank's RedHot sauce with Lime and Chili. Easy to increase too if you need more to share. Thank you very much!
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, and chopped (about 2 lb)
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat soup just to boiling.
- Soften gelatine in cold water in a large bowl.
- Pour hot soup over gelatine.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Beat in cream cheese and next 4 ingredients.
- Stir in shrimp, celery and onions.
- Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 quart mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Can be refrigerated over night or 24 hours.
- Unmold on platter.
- This can be used as a spread for crackers for hors d' oeuvres or molded in a square Pyrex casserole and cut out in separate servings as an entree for luncheon or dinner.
- Serve on lettuce leaf with a green vegetable and fresh fruit.