Recipe by Trinkets
Down in New Orleans everyone knows of or has been to Mosca's restaurant. It's a dive, owned and operated by the Mosca family forever and serves absolutely THE BEST ITALIAN food in the South. The food is served family-style, the wine is served in little juice glasses, and it's way out of town. Always a fun evening filled with great food and good friends!
Top Review by Vices
Being from NOLA, it's been my experience that even shell on shrimp cook within 10 min. Has anyone found the cook time to be too long with shell/heads on? I do agree the heads/shell make all the difference in the world as far as taste - so much more umph!
- 2 lbs shrimp, fresh, unpeeled (15-20 count)
- 6 -8 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried and crushed in your hand
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried and crushed in your hand
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce sauterne white wine