Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Shrimp and cheese, two of my favorite foods in the whole world.
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- In a large skillet, saute the garlic in butter over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- May sprinkle shrimp lightly with salt/pepper if desired.
- Add the wine to the skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until reduced.
- Pour over shrimp.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the shrimp.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
we didn't have the monterey jack cheese so used combo of mozz and chdr...delish
A Taste of Home classic! Thanks for posting NurseDi - this recipe absolutely wonderful!
This was VERY VERY good and really easy to make. EXTREMELY rich and heavy. We will definitely add this to our tried and true.