Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Not really sure where this came from. I used monkfish instead of scallops. This was the result. PS--monkfish tastes a lot like lobster.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicier)
- 8 ounces linguine
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled, deveined & cut in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- parsley (for garnish)
- grated cheese (for garnish)
- In large sauce pan over medium heat add oil and garlic.
- When garlic starts to sizzle add crushed tomatoes.
- Season with red pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add basil and oregano. Lower heat and simmer 30-60 minutes covered. Stir occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta.
- Cook 8-10 minutes stirring from time to time.
- In a large skillet heat remaining oil over high heat.
- Add shrimp and monkfish.
- Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp turn pink and fish is white.
- Add shrimp and fish to tomato sauce mixture.
- Cook about 5 minutes or until sauce begins to bubble.
- Serve over pasta.
- Garnish with parsley and cheese, if desired.
- Serves 5.
Delicious! Just finished dinner. It was very simple yet very tasty. Will make this again!