Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This recipe is very versatile. It can be used as an appetizer or as an entree'. It will serve 8 as an appetizer or 4 as an entree'. Another great recipe from the New Orleans cookbook "Jambalaya".
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery (use inside stalks)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon pureed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In large covered skillet, slowly melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add vegetables, garlic puree' salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve cornstarch in wine.
- Blend mixture into vegetables.
- Add shrimp, cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.