Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
These are so easy and ever so GOOD! Buying shrimp that is already cleaned and shelled will save you a lot of time.
- Split bread in half lengthwise.
- Shell and clean shrimp then coarsely dice.
- Saute shrimp in medium-size skillet with salsa for about 4 minutes.
- Slice avocados and layer on bread halves.
- Spoon shrimp on avocado.
- Top with cheese.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut each half in half.
I first found this recipe in Family First magazine years ago and have loved it since! Great flavor and perfect for cozy autumn days watching football at home. :)
Easy, quick & delicious. As a WLS post-op I don't eat bread so I omitted that. After the shrimp and salsa was finished I layered the avocados on top then the cheese and broiled right in the skillet. I ate mine with a fork and DH had his on toasted wheat. Very good.
What can I say? This has terrific parts and the sum of them is simply outstanding. We liked it with spicy salsa.