Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Many people don't know that asking a chef of a restaurant for a recipe is a huge compliment. Recently at the coast, my DH and I enjoyed a romantic candlelit dinner and I was in heaven when I ordered this dish. I emailed the chef when I returned home and to my surprise, the restaurant emailed me the recipe. I wanted to get it on here before i lost it. I enjoyed this so much I plan to serve it to my family and friends for dinner parties. Although the chef emailed me and said they make this in huge quantities, the ingredients would have to be adjusted to the number of people served. So here is my version.... of that lovely dish!
- 1 (1 lb) package penne rigate, uncooked
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces and steamed
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, minced
- While cooking pasta to al dente, In a 2 cup glass measuring cup combine wine and saffron; let stand 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook and stir shrimp in oil until shrimp are pink. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet add wine mixture and shallots. Brink to a boil; continue boiling rapidly until most of the liquid is absorbed. (about 4 minutes)
- Stir in cream and bouillon. Bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes or until thickened. Stirring constantly. Stir in pasta, asparagus and shrimp; heat through. Top with chives.