Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 3⁄4 lb cooked small shrimp, tails on
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Mix the above ingredients, except shrimp in a bowl and pour over shrimp.
- Allow to marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
My husband and I loved the shrimp prepared this way. I was a little worried that the refrigerated, marinating shrimp would have a 'solidified' aura around them because of the melted butter, but the butter and olive oil kind of meld together and the butter doesn't re-solidify. We had these over a baby lettuce salad lightly dressed with a vinaigrette dressing, along with some crusty Italian bread. It was a lovely, light dinner that will be repeated. Thanks Gingerbear!
This dish was a huge hit at a recent dinner party we held at our home. You can't go wrong with this one, especially since we did not need to keep it warm for the guests. I backed off the lemon rind slightly last time...recommend following the full recipe.
This was wonderful. The marinade adds great flavors to the shrimp--the freshness of the lemon and saltiness of the capers blend perfectly with the mustard and garlic.