Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can use spaghetti in place of linguine in a pinch. Add hot red pepper flakes if you like a little heat.
- 1 lb dry linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste (or 2 6 oz cans)
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (fresh or frozen, thawed if frozen)
- grated parmesan cheese (for serving)
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes,.
- Add undrained tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, wine, basil, oregano and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a separate skillet. Add shrimp. Sauté 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp turns pink.
- Add shrimp to sauce. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over linguine.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.