Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a great, quick to make, dish for when time is short. I usually have all these ingredients on hand and have also used 1 lb. of bay scallops in place of the shrimp. This is an old Good Housekeeping recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb frozen shrimp, shelled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, in hot olive oil, lightly brown the garlic.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, salt, oregano and pepper and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer sauce mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Add frozen shrimp and cook until shrimp are tender, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked pasta of your choice.