Recipe by DonnaColorado Johnson
Tried & True dish and a favorite in old-style Italian restaurants.Only use FRESH Herbs. from Mark Bittman
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups tomatoes, canned, don't drain, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, fresh, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, medium to large, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Start the water for pasta. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden.
- Add tomatoes, raise heat to medium-high, and let bubble, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Add half the basil, the oregano, pepper & salt. Stir and taste for seasonings.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer while you cook the pasta.
- Just before pasta is done, add shrimp to the sauce; cook until shrimp are firm and pink, about five minutes.
- Drain pasta,toss with the sauce and top with remaining basil. Serve immediateluy.