Recipe by Chef Dorann
This recipe was given to me by a good friend after love at first bite. It involves quite a bit of chopping but yields a fantastic salsa when finished. Make sure when you bring this to a party you bring copies of the recipe to give out....You will need them!!!
- 1 lb shrimp, medium, cooked, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 green onions, including green tops, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, ribs removed, finely minced
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the mangoes, red onion, green onions, tomatoes, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- In a measuring cup stir together the lemon juice, lime juice, oil and salt.
- Stir until the salt dissolves, and then pour over the mango mixture.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and set aside for 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- This dip is best when made within 8 hours of serving, but it can be prepared up to 1 day in advance.