Recipe by Cooking Creation
This shrimp and mango salad is refreshing, delicious and served in your very own bowl of crispy cheese. It is creamy and crunchy, salty and sweet all at the same time. Note: You will need six 4-oz ramekins for this recipe.
- 4 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 slices pancetta, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once preheated, sprinkle 3/4 c of the Parmesan cheese in an even layer, forming a circle that is about 6 inches in diameter. Cook the Parmesan on one side until the bottom begins to turn light golden brown and you can easily slide a spatula underneath without compromising the shape of the circle. Carefully remove the Parmesan from the pan with the spatula. Immediately drape it cooked-side down over one of the ramekins, gently pressing down and around the sides of the ramekin to form a bowl. Allow the cheese to cool and harden for one minute. Repeat with the remaining cheese and form 5 more bowls.
- In a large bowl, Add the shrimp, mango, avocado, tomato, pancetta, parsley, sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the shrimp salad into each Parmesan bowl. Garnish with parsley.