Recipe by breezermom
Delectably sweet & savory Island flavored pizza. Although posted with a refrigerated pizza crust, feel free to make your own or use a Boboli Pizza crust. Just adjust cooking times for your choice.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Very tasty pizza that was surprisingly quick to make if you take the eaasy way out as I did and use a prepared crust! I've never eaten mango and shrimps together but enjoy both so was curious how they'd be together: in a single word, YUMMY! Having zero tolerance for anything spicy, I omitted the red pepper flakes. Loved the red and yellow bell peppers with the shrimps and mango. I did add minced garlic - for me a must-be-included ingredient - rosemary and thyme (among my favourite herbs) and, for us, the blend of flavours worked wonderfully well. Thank you, breezermom, for a very different pizza that I'll certainly be making again. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
- 6 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 7 ounces pizza dough or 7 ounces a Boboli pizza crusts
- semolina flour, for dusting
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 ripe mango, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Slice the shrimp in half, lengthwise. Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turn pink and form a "c" shape, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface on a 10 inch round, or us a pre-packaged Boboli pizza crust. Place the crust onto a parchment line baking sheet. Spread the sauce onto the pizza, leaving the edges clean for a crust to form.
- Put half of the cheese on top and spread the shrimp evenly over the pizza. Then add the mango slices, red onion, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper evenly on the top.
- Sprinkle the pizza with the red pepper flakes adn top with the remaining cheese. Bake the pizza for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Serve immediately with more red pepper flakes sprinkled on top.