Baby Kato's Note:
It's summer time, hot and humid. Barbecue weather is here and we are set to have great out door meals. In this dish I like to use an orange and habanero bbq sauce but any kind of bbq sauce will work, use your favorite. This dish is quick and easy to make and always gets great reviews from family and friends. Served with steamed rice and a fresh berry salad or watermelon slices for a nice light meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 shrimp, jumbo, raw, thawed, peeled, tail left on
- 1/8 cup barbecue sauce (your preference)
- 4 skewers, large (metal or wooden)
- 1/4 sweet onion, quartered and layers separated
- 16 pieces mangoes, ripe, peeled, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 lime, small, cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (may use fresh ground black pepper if desired)
- 1Put bbq on high.
- 2In a bowl combine the shrimp and bbq sauce, coat evenly.
- 3Build the skewers with the shrimp, onion and mango alternating the ingredients as you go, topping the skewers with the lime wedge.
- 4Lightly brush the skewer with the oil and season with the red pepper flakes.
- 5Grill the skewers for 2 - 3 minutes per side, your preference until shrimp are opaque.
- 6Remove from heat and garnish with the green onions and cilantro to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp, Mango & Onion Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 203.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: