Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty summer salad. From the food section of my local paper. Cook time is for the pasta
- 1⁄4 lb fusilli, cooked and cooled (macaroni or penne would work too)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces peeled and cooked shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups cubed mangoes (peaches are a good substitute if mangos aren't in season)
- 1 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 4 tablespoons fresh chives
- 4 cups salad greens (the ready to eat kind from a bag)
- Mix together mayonnaise, water, horseradish and mustard in mixing bowl.
- Transfer half of the dressing to a salad bowl.
- Pour prepared pasta in salad bowl and toss to combine with dressing.
- Add shrimp to mixing bowl with remaining dressing and toss to cover.
- Line two dinner plates with lettuce mix.
- Spoon pasta on lettuce.
- Place pepper slices over pasta and spoon shrimp and dressing on top.
- Arrange mango on shrimp and top with tomato and chives.
- (personally, I just mixed it all together!)
Explosion of flavors. I absolutely loved this. Salads are my favorite and this was so unique. I did sub the chives with some cilantro, only change. Thanks!