Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Salad is very refreshing, Great for a summer day or with a Bar-B-Q, Fresh mangoes are hard to work with so mangoes in a jar are the way to go, make sure you wash off th syrup before slicing. Stevia is also sold in packets and 2 packets will do for this recipe. Time doesn't include standing time for vinegar mixture.
- 2 cups cucumbers, cubed 1/2 inch
- 1 1⁄2 cups mangoes, cubed 1/2 inch
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked shrimp (medium shrimp)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 dash tigar hot sauce
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl add vinegar and stevia let set for 20 minutes.
- Mix in mayonnaise, mustard, fresh dill and a dash or two of hot sauce.
- In a large bowl add cucumber, mango and shrimp.
- Pour dressing over mixture.
- Serve on a romaine lettuce leaf.
I grew stevia in the garden this year and found this while searching for something to do with it. This is a wonderfully flavorful low-calorie/fat meal. I substituted low-fat mayo. The sauce is wonderfully creamy. I can't wait to serve this to guests on a summer day.
We had family company for a week and this meal was the hit of the week! Most delicious salad I have made in a long time. the combination of shimp, I used jumbo prawns, mango and cucumber, topped off with the dill dressing is perfection. I used splenda because that is what I use for everything. I will be making this again, thans for making me look good!!!