Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a delicious recipe from The Green House fine herbs. It is fantastic alone or served over rice or pasta. A very unique taste.You can sub anise flavored syrup for the liquor, but don't leave it out, as that's the unique flavor.
- 1 bunch fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 3 ounces dry white wine
- 1 ounce anise liqueur (licorice-like flavor)
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, skinned and sliced
- flour (for dredging)
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll shrimp in flour and shake off the excess.
- Brown shrimp over low heat in just enough butter to prevent sticking, about 2 minute each side. DON"T BURN!
- Add garlic, liquer, wine, and salt and pepper.
- Cook until liquid is reduced to 1/3.
- Add cream and reduce liquid to again 1/3, then add tomatoes, fresh basil, and remaining butter.
- Remove from heat after butter melts and serve.