Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a perfect appetizer for any occasion. It's easy yet gourmet and delicious. The goat cheese adds a nice layer of tang to the sauce!
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) packagefresh goat cheese, such as chavrie
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 24 shrimp, raw peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons green madagascar peppercorns, crushed
- 2 ounces licorice, flavored liqueur such as pernod*
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped green scallion
- Heat a large heavy sauté pan over medium high heat Pour in oil
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper
- Sauté the shrimp in the oil for 1 minute on each side
- Remove shrimp from the sauté pan and set aside
- Pour out oil from the pan
- Add peppercorns back to the sauté pan and heat for 30 seconds
- Deglaze with Pernod*.
- Add goat cheese and chicken stock and bring to a boil
- Reduce until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Whisk in mustard and return to a simmer.
- Place shrimp back into simmering sauce to heat
- Place 6 shrimp on each plate and ladle sauce over each shrimp
- Garnish with chopped scallions
- Great served with rice and carrot julienne
- * licorice flavored liquor.