Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This makes a large salad.
Top Review by Annacia
I looked at this recipe many times before trying it. It sounded great except for the French dressing and the bit of added sugar. After about the 10th time of looking I went ahead and tagged it. I just left the French dressing and bit of sugar out and it was very good indeed :D. I increased the vinegar a bit to help make up for the lack of moisture from the loss of the dressing and found the light tang very nice indeed. Used hot paprika and all in all I really loved the finished salad and think it a keeper. For me my more diabetic friendly version is a 5 star and the single reason that I'm giving a 4 star rating on the recipe is that I omitted a major component that most others will most likely love but I can't honestly rate a recipe that I didn't correctly make.
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cooked small shrimp
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 7 -8 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup French dressing
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, shrimp, peas, celery and onion.
- In another bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.