Recipe by Judith N.
Had this recipe on my database of thousands and made it for the first time a few weeks ago for a cookout with friends...what a hit!! Went like hotcakes with everyone...Not a scrap left in the bowl.
- 22.18 ml lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml elbow macaroni, cooked
- 473.18 ml diced shrimp, fresh or canned (I used 100/200 frozen pre-cooked salad shrimp,whole)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 29.58 ml green peppers, chopped
- 4.92 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh tomato, diced
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together lemon juice and oil.
- Combine with cooked macaroni.
- Chill for several hours, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in shrimp, eggs, green pepper, onion, celery, and tomato.
- Blend together sour cream, salt, pepper, and mayo and then fold into macaroni mixture.
- Serve in nice salad bowl or arrange on crisp salad greens.