Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Had this recipe on my database of thousands and made it for the first time a few weeks ago for a cookout with friends...what a hit!! Went like hotcakes with everyone...Not a scrap left in the bowl.
- 22.18 ml lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml elbow macaroni, cooked
- 473.18 ml diced shrimp, fresh or canned (I used 100/200 frozen pre-cooked salad shrimp,whole)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 29.58 ml green peppers, chopped
- 4.92 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh tomato, diced
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- Mix together lemon juice and oil.
- Combine with cooked macaroni.
- Chill for several hours, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in shrimp, eggs, green pepper, onion, celery, and tomato.
- Blend together sour cream, salt, pepper, and mayo and then fold into macaroni mixture.
- Serve in nice salad bowl or arrange on crisp salad greens.
Added celery and red bell peppers. Also a little dash of brandy in the dressing.
Loved this! I doubled the recipe and used thawed 90-100 per pound shrimp. The steps list celery, but there is no celery in the ingredient list. I just used 1 full stalk for the doubled recipe. I may add some dill next time. Thanx!
top ingredients say nothing of celery till you read the how to steps