Recipe by Tish
This macaroni salad could be served on summer afternoons in place of a heavier meal, or as a side dish. Give it enough time to cool and meld tastes for the best results
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups cauliflower, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup olive, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- ground black pepper
- 2 ounces cooked baby shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the macaroni and let it cook until al dente; drain well.
- Cook califlower, making sure not to cook too soft-leave al dente.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, celery, califlower, mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, ketchup, pickle juices, olive, horseradish, hot pepper sauce, parsley, celery seed, chili powder, salt, black pepper and shrimp.
- Fold the macaroni into the mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours before serving.