Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 mins
this recipe comes from a great restaurant in my area called "River's Edge" A nice dinner for a hot summer day. Serve with some crackers & fruit, dinner's ready.
- 226.79 g dry elbow macaroni
- 236.59 ml diced celery
- 236.59 ml finely chopped onion
- 236.59 ml finely diced green bell pepper
- 118.29 ml finely diced red bell pepper
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 473.18-709.77 ml mayonnaise
- 28.34 g minced fresh dill
- 28.34 g minced fresh basil
- 14.79 ml salt (or to your likeing)
- 7.39 ml black pepper
- 453.59 g baby shrimp
- Blanch pasta in boiling water for 9 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl combine all other ingredients & toss with pasta.
- Cover & chill for flavors to combine.
- Stir well before serving.
- Makes about 2 quarts. Prep. time does not include "chilling".
I made this recently for a family reunion. Since I wasn't sure how much to make, I prepped everything and transported each measured ingredient in Ziploc baggies then put it together upon arrival. It was a huge hit! Instead of fresh herbs I got the ones in the squeeze tubes and they worked great.
For those of you who are like me and not used to making quantities, one of these makes enough to fill one of those half-pan aluminum disposable trays.
I made this for 4th of July. I used large shrimp. Everyone enjoyed it.
This macaroni salad is fantastic. It's just how I like it....lots of stuff in it. Thanx for sharing the recipe. I'll be making this for a few picnics this summer.