this recipe comes from a great restaurant in my area called "River's Edge" A nice dinner for a hot summer day. Serve with some crackers & fruit, dinner's ready.
- 8 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 -3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 ounce minced fresh dill
- 1 ounce minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to your likeing)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 lb baby shrimp
- Blanch pasta in boiling water for 9 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl combine all other ingredients & toss with pasta.
- Cover & chill for flavors to combine.
- Stir well before serving.
- Makes about 2 quarts. Prep. time does not include "chilling".