Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Main dish salad, excellent with fresh French bread
- 3 cups spiral shaped pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄3 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb medium cooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, ranch dressing, seafood cocktail sauce,lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and salt& pepper.
- Stir in cooled pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
made this for dinner tonite and everyone loved it.my 10 year old wants in her lunch tomorrow.very good i'm planning on making for our next family get together.
What a find! I had a little boiled shrimp and some cocktail sauce left over from Easter dinner, as well as the remnants of a veggie tray with the accompanying dip. This recipe made it possible to 'recycle' everything in one delicious dish! I didn't bother chopping fresh parsley since the ranch dressing already had a ton in it, but I did slice a couple of celery sticks just to use them up. We thought the little bit of crunch added nice texture. I had made the cocktail sauce with a very generous amount of horseradish, and I agree with another reviewer that it really enhanced the flavor of this salad. Thanks for turning our leftovers into a lovely meal, Tootsie!
I reduced the amount of pasta by half. Also, I added 1 cup chopped spinach and added 1 tbsp lemon zest. I also used a green pepper instead of red. YUM. My husband is thrilled to have this is the fridge to snack on and/or have for lunch.