Cook This Not That recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces lo mein noodles or 12 ounces fettuccine pasta, whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3/4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1Prepare the noodles according to the package instructions.
- 2In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat.
- 3Add the garlic, ginger, and scallion whites and stir-fry for 30 seconds, until lightly golden.
- 4Add the mushrooms, carrots, and bell pepper, and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Toss in the shrimp and cook until just pink and slightly firm.
- 6Add the cooked noodles, oyster sauce, and soy sauce to the pan.
- 7Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more, until the sauce is thickened and covers the noodles in a light sheen.
- 8Divide the mixture among 4 plates.
- 9If desired, garnish with the scallion greens. (I think it overwhelms the dish and normally leave it off, however, it is pretty.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.6
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 1399.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 20.8 g