Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cook This Not That recipe
- 12 ounces lo mein noodles or 12 ounces fettuccine pasta, whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Prepare the noodles according to the package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and scallion whites and stir-fry for 30 seconds, until lightly golden.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, and bell pepper, and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Toss in the shrimp and cook until just pink and slightly firm.
- Add the cooked noodles, oyster sauce, and soy sauce to the pan.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more, until the sauce is thickened and covers the noodles in a light sheen.
- Divide the mixture among 4 plates.
- If desired, garnish with the scallion greens. (I think it overwhelms the dish and normally leave it off, however, it is pretty.).