Cooking Light. Jan 2004.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh lo mein noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 3 cups thinly vertically sliced onions
- 5 cups broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups red bell peppers, strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1Combine the soy sauce and shrimp; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Drain through a sieve over a bowl, reserving soy sauce.
- 2Prepare noodles according to package directions, omitting the salt and fat. Drain and rinse; drain well. Toss noodles with 1 teaspoon oil. Set aside.
- 3Heat 2 teaspoons peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- 4Add broccoli and bell pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove vegetable mixture from pan.
- 5Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil in pan. Add shrimp, and stir-fry 1 minute.
- 6Add the reserved soy sauce, broth, and salt, and bring to a boil. Add noodles, vegetable mixture, and nuts, and toss well to combine.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.6
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.4 mg
- Sodium 1144.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth