Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cooking Light. Jan 2004.
Make and share this Shrimp Lo Mein recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh lo mein noodles
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 3 cups thinly vertically sliced onions
- 5 cups broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups red bell peppers, strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Combine the soy sauce and shrimp; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Drain through a sieve over a bowl, reserving soy sauce.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, omitting the salt and fat. Drain and rinse; drain well. Toss noodles with 1 teaspoon oil. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and bell pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove vegetable mixture from pan.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil in pan. Add shrimp, and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add the reserved soy sauce, broth, and salt, and bring to a boil. Add noodles, vegetable mixture, and nuts, and toss well to combine.