Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is courtesy of a cooking instructor from Taiwan. Use only fresh ingredients, and cook in a wok.
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, halved and sliced thin
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 8 ounces cooked linguine
- For the shrimp: Marinate the shrimp with the salt, cooking wine and cornstarch and set aside. Add the oil just before cooking to prevent the shrimp from sticking together.
- For the sauce: Mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- For the lo mein: Heat a frying pan with 1/2 cup oil. Once the oil is hot enough, carefully add the marinated shrimp. When the shrimp is pink, remove and set aside. Drain all the oil but 2 tab. Add the onions, green onions and the carrots on medium-high heat and saute for 2 minute Lower the heat and add the checken broth. Cook until the onions and carrots are tender. Add the beat sprouts, shrimp, noodles and sauce. Toss over high heat to blend, and serve.
the shrimp was pretty salty but overall excellent.