Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another island favorite from my Mom on Criehaven Island, Maine. Of course we are partial to Maine shrimp, but any will do.
- 4 -6 ounces cooked linguine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes in puree
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb cleaned shrimp
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Cook linguine.
- Sauté onion in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, oregano, and thyme.
- Cook 5 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cook additional 6 minutes.
- Spoon over linguine and top with crumbled mozzarella (can use feta or parmesan).
This is such a delicious recipe!! I'll try it again with a little Parmesan and more mozzarella for sure!