1/1 Photo of Shrimp & Linguini Fra Diavolo
Spicy recipe sure to please. This version is spicy. Not too much, not too little. My family loves it! I've altered this recipe from a recipe I tried from Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces packaged linguine
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 lbs raw shrimp (61/70 ct. , peeled and deveined)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat water to boiling. Salt, and add linguini. Stir.
- 2Cook for 4 minutes.
- 3After starting the pasta, heat olive oil and onions in large pan.
- 4Cook until the onions are translucent and slightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- 5Strain pasta - reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- 6Add garlic to the onions and saute for about 30 seconds.
- 7Add red pepper flakes, stir about 10 seconds.
- 8Add tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- 9Cook for about 5 minute - until the sauce has reduced some.
- 10Add shrimp and cook about 2 1/2 minutes.
- 11Add pasta and reserved cup of pasta water and mix together.
- 12Cook for about 4 min until pasta is aldente.
- 13Grate fresh parmesean over the top of the dish and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp & Linguini Fra Diavolo
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.9
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 237.7 mg
- Sodium 1160.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 43.1 g