Spicy recipe sure to please. This version is spicy. Not too much, not too little. My family loves it! I've altered this recipe from a recipe I tried from Food Network.
- 12 ounces packaged linguine
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 lbs raw shrimp (61/70 ct. , peeled and deveined)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Heat water to boiling. Salt, and add linguini. Stir.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- After starting the pasta, heat olive oil and onions in large pan.
- Cook until the onions are translucent and slightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Strain pasta - reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add garlic to the onions and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add red pepper flakes, stir about 10 seconds.
- Add tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- Cook for about 5 minute - until the sauce has reduced some.
- Add shrimp and cook about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add pasta and reserved cup of pasta water and mix together.
- Cook for about 4 min until pasta is aldente.
- Grate fresh parmesean over the top of the dish and serve.