Recipe by nnreq
Prep includes cooking.
Top Review by Missyb33
Wow! This is one of the best carbonara recipes that I have ever tasted. The addition of tomatoes, mushrooms, and shrimp really makes for a well-rounded and flavorful dish. Ever since the Olive Garden stopped making Spaghetti Carbonara, I have been looking for a comparable dish, and this is one is tops!
- 1⁄2 lb precooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes
- 1 lb dried linguine
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta or 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large wide frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the pancetta and fry until almost crisp.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover and keep warm.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, grated romano cheese, the cream and salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cook the linguini until almost al dente.
- Drain the linguini, add it to the frying pan holding the pancetta and mushrooms and raise the heat to high.
- Add the shrimp and the egg mixture and stir vigorously until the eggs are firm but not dry, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and serve immediately.