Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
For when your heart desires decadence, but your waistline won't allow the indulgence. A slimmed-down, healthier version of a high-fat favourite. Nice for a romantic dinner when both parties are trying to be good!
- 1 lb shrimp (precooked, peeled shrimp, remove tails)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb whole wheat linguine, uncooked
- Put large pot (6 qt) of water on the stove (turned to med.).
- Spray a non-stick 12" skillet with cooking spray, sauté onion and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, sauté another 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water, cook according to package directions (about 9-11 minutes).
- Add white wine to skillet, bring to a boil, reduce by half.
- Add pesto to skillet, stir to mix.
- Add evaporated milk and sundried tomatoes to skillet, bring to a simmer (try not to boil it).
- Add pre-cooked shrimp to skillet, allow to heat through (about 3-4 minutes).
- Serve sauce over linguine.
This was a really authentic tasting dish and it also was very attractive.
I think this would make a great dinner party dish if you needed to impress your guests!