Recipe by Little Bee
I got this recipe off of another site but modified it quite a bit to suit our tastes. It is very easy and will certainly impress company or make a nice dish for a romantic meal! The key is to use fresh herb in this dish. Serve with a good crusty bread, green salad and a nice white wine.
Top Review by patklavon
This dish is too bland. While it could be acceptable on a night when you lack time and need something quick, it is definitely not something for a special dinner or for entertaining. In any case, it lacks zing and needs something such as lemon juice or whipping cream for flavor (maybe some diced tomatoes?). Otherwise, it is simply too bland. Sorry but this recipe won't be repeated in our household.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup of a good white wine (Do not use cooking wine!)
- 1⁄2 lb linguine, cooked al dente
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the shrimp and cook until just pink.
- Add the garlic, basil and butter.
- Saute just until butter is slightly melted.
- Add wine and bring to a boil then reduce and simmer just until slightly reduced and alcohol evaporates.
- Add cooked Linguini to pan and toss to coat.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.